Name of the Chair:
IRSST CHAIR: R+D+i FOR INTELLIGENT DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF SAFETY AND HEALTH AT WORK
COMMUNITY OF MADRID (REGIONAL INSTITUTE OF SAFETY AND HEALTH AT WORK)
June 2020 - June 2023
Professor Dr. Antonio de Amescua Seco
Professor Dr. María-Isabel Sánchez-Segura
Computer Science Department.
The purpose of the Chair is to become a stable R+D+i platform focused on the intelligent digitalization of occupational risk prevention (ORP), giving priority to applied research, practical development and innovation, by supporting training, research, development and innovation (R+D+i), dissemination and promotion of occupational health and risk prevention. Likewise, the Chair will allow the permanent collaboration between the Ministry of Economy, Employment and Competitiveness, through the IRSST, and the University Carlos III of Madrid.
Promotion of R+D+i:
- Promotion of doctoral theses whose lines of research are aimed at achieving the vision contemplated by the IRSST in its 5th Master Plan for the Prevention of Occupational Risks: "Promoting safe and healthy working environments as a fundamental element for a competitive economy and quality employment".
- Leading R+D+I activities in Software Engineering, Big Data, Knowledge Management, Process Improvement, Automatic Learning, Internet of Things, Systems Simulation, Business Intelligence, among others.
- Promotion of R+D+i Projects aimed at the development of products (studies, prototypes, materials, technological solutions, etc.) aimed at the prevention of occupational hazards.
- For the effective integration of occupational risk prevention and the creation of new models for implementing health and safety at work.
- Meetings of experts in the area of interest of the Chair.
- Cooperation in training programs or educational cooperation experiences related to health and safety at work or courses to respond to the demands of R+D+i, to promote the integration of prevention in the curricula, in laboratory practices and to improve accessibility and inclusive workplaces.
- Training in R+D+i techniques aimed at technicians in occupational risk prevention.
- Sponsorship of studies (granting of scholarships, support for doctoral theses and final projects, prizes for theses and final projects, master's degrees, etc.).
- Carrying out conferences and seminars or expert forums on current aspects of occupational risk prevention.
Dissemination and transfer of knowledge:
- Carrying out technical and technological dissemination conferences.
- Publications on subjects of interest to the Chair.
- Promotion of scientific, technical, sports or social responsibility events.
- Dissemination and communication of knowledge about the activity of the Chair and the prevention of occupational hazards in general through the Chair's WEB portal and social networks
- Mutual advice on issues related to the activity of both entities.
The creation of this research chair is of vital importance to improve the management of public policies in the Community of Madrid. This Chair will be very useful for the management and integration of risk prevention in the Autonomous Community of Madrid at all levels, fulfilling the vision of the IRSST:
To live in more humane societies with connected, healthy and safe working environments with quality occupational risk prevention designed for the individual, society and the competitiveness of companies of excellence.
A double challenge is posed, to combine an effective digital solution for the sector of occupational risk prevention, so that it becomes an activity that is not so much preventive as participatory in the health and welfare of workers, and at the same time, to solve this problem, bearing in mind the difficulty inherent in the very process of digitalization in which those responsible for the Chair at the UC3M are experts.